13 September 2011

Triathlon

Snapped on the cycle - Image by Bob Marshall
On 11th September I competed in a sprint triathlon run by the East Lothian Tri Club. It was staged in Haddington, a lovely village east of Edinburgh that happens to be quite hard to get to by public transport with a bunch of gear, including a bike.
For this logistic challenge, a team of friends were roped in to help. Eadaoin and I were able to stay over night on the Sat at our friend and fellow samba band members' home. This meant that the [ungodly] early start was manageable and we could concintrate on carb-loading and psyching ourselves for the event.
It was a gusty, cool autumn day. We felt the cold as we made our transition from 750m swim to 18.9km cycle. Fortunately it didn't rain and the whole race finished with a 7km run and my time was 1:48:35.
Not bad considering I hadn't trained enough and I was happy to simply finish.
Eadaoin finished 8 mins ahead and we both agreed that it was a good thing to have done.
We've already made plans for the next adventure!

Eadaoin and her concentration face - Image by Bob Marshall

Thanks to: Arti, Dabs & John for their hospitality; Helen for driving out to support; and Eoin and Marty for getting our bikes there and being there at the end with a hug!
Also, thanks to Eadaoin for chumming me - I'll whip you in the next one!!

2 comments:

steve said...

Nice one Jo. Watch out Ironmaiden!

steve said...

Wohoo, 1 year anniversary of the last post!