Jo and I used the Easter break to get out of the city and go rambling in the Hills. We took an afternoon train to Dalwhinnie and walked in to Culra Bothy (Hut) which was welcome after some unforcasted rain. The next day we bagged Ben Alder (photo of summit above) and Carn Dearg. Nice open country, pretty lochs, patches of snow and the odd steep corrie and plane crash debris. Then back to the bothy to listen to bunkmates compare Munroe lists and cooksets. We decided on an 'interesting' off-track route back, trying to catch the 1:30 train. After a valiant effort, we missed it by a gutting 5 minutes and had to wait for the next one at 7:30. Oh well, nothing to do but go to the pub, eat steak, drink tea, eat cake and play chess (I won). Its a hard life.Happy easter everyone. The daffodils and blossoms are out in the city and I have even been spotted in a T shirt occasionaly.
No comments:
Post a Comment