

That's right folks, I certainly thought it was a novelty but apparently skiing on Dendix has been around since 1960's! I ventured up the Pentland Hills to 'Hillend' a dry ski slope that used to be the largest in Europe. Its only 1/2hour from the city. Brilliant! But how? Basically Dendix is a brush manufacturer and they create a surface that almost feels like snow when you're skiing but not when you fall!!!
The term 'Hillend Thumb' refers to the injury you can get from a fall when you're thumb is bent by the shape of the brush surface. I was nervous to start with but it all came back to me when I forgot about falling. Catherine [from work] and her friend Susan looked after me and showed me how it was done; skiing, working the chairlift & tow and falling aswell! Cath got a battle wound - I just got a sore butt!
No comments:
Post a Comment